Thursday, August 6, 2009

A spark into a flame

Hmmm...it came to me a couple hours ago and now the idea has blossomed into a plan of sorts. When my mom died she wanted to be cremated so I asked for some of the ashes - she loved to golf, I live in Augusta, Georgia...a golfing mecca. The "holy grail" of golf, if you will. So, I wanted some of the ashes to quietly spread the next time I'm at Augusta National (shhhh...don't tell, I don't think they would like that.) But then I had the spark of an idea. Why stop at just the National? Take some with me to Key West in November, some on our Disney Cruise in April, some when we go to Asheville, North Carolina next July (we plan trips a long time in advance...it gives me something to look forward to!) - are you getting the idea? Now I just need to go to the hobby store and get those little ziploc bags they have there so I'm ready to roll!

Are you ready for a little adventure mom?

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

It's a beautiful tribute. We've decided, with dad's consent, that we'll just spread his at the beach, any beach, so that the waves can carry him around the world. Like he's on a cruise. ;0)

Melissa said...

What a beautiful idea! :)

hippmom said...

I love it and I think she would, too! I'd be honored to be with you in Key West when you do.